Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
- Pig roast and luau at Smiths Gardens
- Dive rings, goggles, kid's pool and water slide at the resort pools
- Making friends at the pool, like Anika and Anita from Napa, Calif., Tomas from Templeton, Calif. (former Boisean); Mike and Sarah, from Bakersfield, Calif., and others we'd mention but can't recall thanks to another San Miguel in my hand
- The girls having fun at the resort's Kids Club (a nice facility for the kids)
- Rachael discovering waves, while both explored tide pools at Waioli State Beach
- Watching the birds at Kilauea Lighthouse
- Sea kayaking and shave ice in Hanalei
- Soundtrack album for the week -- "Only By The Night" by Kings of Leon
- Bubba Burgers in Kapa'a
|Metzgar Kauai Trip 2009|
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Since January, Rebecca turned 5 in March. Rachael has lost two more front teeth and Rebecca's grown envious about the tooth fairy. She can't wait for her first tooth to come out.
Mom came out for Rebecca's birthday party, for which she was really excited. It was good to catch up despite my work and class assignments.
Suzanne has been active on the synagogue's board for the last three years, but her term is up so she's looking at other volunteer opportunities.
I'm leaving my post of treasurer for a local networking group and accepted a position on another board for a group dedicated to helping at-risk young adults. I'm very excited since it's all about marketing strategy.
And in June we're all looking forward to our first real family vacation in 5 years - Kauai, Hawaii.
I'm one month away from completing the halfway point of my MBA. The end is not soon enough!
And last, Suz and I celebrated our birthdays in the last month. The time sure flies.