Some highlights from the last six days:
- Pig roast and luau at Smiths Gardens
- Dive rings, goggles, kid's pool and water slide at the resort pools
- Making friends at the pool, like Anika and Anita from Napa, Calif., Tomas from Templeton, Calif. (former Boisean); Mike and Sarah, from Bakersfield, Calif., and others we'd mention but can't recall thanks to another San Miguel in my hand
- The girls having fun at the resort's Kids Club (a nice facility for the kids)
- Rachael discovering waves, while both explored tide pools at Waioli State Beach
- Watching the birds at Kilauea Lighthouse
- Sea kayaking and shave ice in Hanalei
- Soundtrack album for the week -- "Only By The Night" by Kings of Leon
- Bubba Burgers in Kapa'a
Sadly, we depart tomorrow night. So, tonight we feast. Steak and potatoes are ready for the grill, and San Miguel (for beer lovers, this is the real shit -- brewed in the Philippines, not in Mexico like you get on the Mainland bro). At our resort, they fire up the tiki torches all around the premises before sunset, so it adds a romantic touch.
Tomorrow, we max out the day by heading to the south side of the island to get in Waimea Canyon (the Grand Canyon of Hawaii). Check out all the photos below.
|Metzgar Kauai Trip 2009|